Tuesday 1 July 2014

Lisboa - London

Hello!

Last Sunday I caught my flight to London – Heathrow, the first step of my journey to New Zealand!

Song for the post (click): Fatboy Slim - The Journey

Take-off

It was 15min late, nothing serious. The flight was very smooth, no turbulence, no noise, no crying babies… I was impressed actually.


We were served a mid-flight dinner with two main courses to choose from:

The menu


I chose the veal, of course:

My dinner
It was surprisingly good! The salmon looked very fresh and tasted very nice. The meat was pretty good also, a bit overcooked but good tasting, together with those peas and aspargus. The little peace of bread was warm and crunchy!

This was the replacement dessert:

Fundão Cherry
Honestly I think I prefer the cherries over the rice pudding. And they were really good and very sweet.


Moving on, we started our descent towards London right after the sunset:

Sunset, 5000m high
After landing and parking the plane we have to walk a long way to go and collect our luggage. It's supposed to make you feel like you don't have to wait for the luggage but I was one of the first people to exit the plane and the passport check was rather quick, so I still waited about 15 min for my bag.


Next I walked to the Heathrow Express terminal, a train that passes every 15min and goes directly to Paddington station, 15 min away:

Platform 2
The train chair are very comfortable and there's a lot of room for your bags. I was a bit empty but it was close to 11pm, so I guess it's normal:


Heathrow Express
And a selfie:

=)

No photos from Paddington station, maybe next time.

Bye.


3 comments:

  1. The best advertising for TAP business class is here! Oh yeah! Just kidding :) Great photos, I'm already waiting for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see a explosion of master chef's vocabulary over the 3rd photo, but you've missed something: "beautifull flavors" this is a must! ;)

    ReplyDelete