Wednesday 2 July 2014

London I - Hyde Park

Hello again!

This morning I went for a walk around central London. I left the Hotel at around 8am.

Song for the post: Joe Satriani - Out of the Sunrise


First stop: Hyde Park, very close to my Hotel.

The view from the Northern end of the Long Water/Serpentine, the big lake in the middle of the garden:

The Long Water / The Serpentine

And, if you look the other way you have the Italian Gardens:

Italian Gardens

And after the main bridge, heading South:

Serpentine Bridge

I had no idea that people swam in the Serpentine. You can see in the previous photo a person swimming and another entering the water. It's not a very appealing place to swim in my opinion but there a lot of people getting ready to start.

Continuing along the water's edge, the animal around Hyde park aren't much afraid of people, they don't run away or try to attack you. They just stand there, until a dog appears at least.

A mix of pigeons, swans, crows, ducks, and others...

A Greylag Goose, half asleep.
Then I went all the way East, up to the Serpentine Bar & Kitchen for a drink.







1 comment: